NOTICES AT A GLANCE – more details below
1. Live streaming on hold
2. Summer Services
3. Summer Sunday School
4. Staff Vacation – Church Office closed
5. Mid-Year Donations Statements sent this week
6. Summer Study Series Postponed
7. Welcome Back Sunday and St. Aidan’s Day
8. Hymn Request Form
9. Food Bank Needs
AND NOW THE DETAILS:
1. Live Streaming on hold We are taking a break from live-streaming during the summer due to volunteer availability and low virtual attendance. It will resume on August 28th and every week thereafter.
2. Summer Services Sunday services continue at 9:30 am in August and on September 4. The Wednesday morning eucharist will start up again on September 7.
3. Summer Sunday School Join us at 9:30 am for church school. We will head downstairs after the start of the service for some fun and bible games. Sunday school will continue at the 9:30 am services throughout August.
4. Staff Vacation The Parish Administrator, Margaret Allen is now on holiday and will be back in the office on Tuesday, September 6th. The Church Office will be closed during this time.
5. Mid-Year Donations Statements sent this week Mid-Year statements of individual donations were sent out this week by email and by Canada Post for those who do not have email. Please be sure to check your “junk/spam” folder if you did not receive the email. If you have any concerns about the records, or did not receive your statement please contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org Included with it was the attached letter (click on link below) from the wardens about our accomplishments so far and our current financial situation for those who did not receive a statement. https://mcusercontent.com/9602008078ea1b1ac17a38d52/files/8263bcdc-5569-dd8e-ee70-0113e4483a55/donations_update_letter.pdf
6. Summer Study Series Postponed The August backyard book study of Debra Rienstra’s book Refugia Faith has been postponed. It will now take place during the Season of Creation beginning in mid-September. Location and dates to be announced.
7. Welcome Back Sunday and St Aidan's Day On Sunday September 11 we will be celebrating St Aidan, our patronal saint, as we welcome everyone back from the summer. Services will resume at 8:30 and 10:30 am, with children’s ministry also resuming, and there will be a lunch following the 10:30 service. We hope you can join us!
8. Hymn Request Form Got an old favourite hymn you can’t get out of your head? What about something new you’ve just heard once but would like to hear again? Visit the music page on our website to submit the title in our new Hymn Request form.
9. Food Bank Needs Donations of non-perishable food items for the Grace Pascoe Care Centre food bank and the St. John’s Norway food pantry are always welcome. Please place them in the basket in the narthex. Thank you!
10. Offerings – Thank you for your support of the mission and ministry of St. Aidan’s.
There are a variety of ways to make your donation:
PAG – set up monthly pre-authorized debits from your bank account directly to St. Aidan’s by completing the authorization form found on the Giving page of our website https://www.staidansinthebeach.com/giving
PAG changes – to change the amount of an existing donation, send an email with the details to email@example.com/giving – send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelopes – to obtain a set of weekly offering envelopes send a request to email@example.com should be payable to and can be mailed to: The Church of St. Aidan, 2423 Queen St. E, Toronto, ON M4E 1H6, or dropped in our secure mailbox at the northeast corner of the building.
Credit Card – go online at CanadaHelps.org – ST AIDANS IN THE BEACH or scan the QR code (see July 10 notices)