March 26th - NOTICES AT A GLANCE – more details below
1. No Live Streaming at 10:30 am
2. Four Questions of Faith: A Lenten Study
3. “Upside Down” Church: Sunday, March 26 at 10:30am
4. Funeral for Eleanor Guest
5. Surprise birthday celebration
6. Call for Easter Eggs!
7. Easter Flowers
8. Altar Flowers for April and May
9. Guided virtual tour of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, April 18
11. Food Bank Needs 12. Offerings
AND NOW THE DETAILS:
1. No Live Streaming March 26
Because March 26 will be “Upside Down Church” at St. Aidan’s, there will be no livestreaming of the 10:30 service on Zoom. We will return to livestreaming on Palm Sunday, April 2.
2. “Upside Down” Church: Sunday, March 26 at 10:30am
Get ready for something totally different! On March 26, all adults will process with Gemma and Natalie downstairs at the beginning of the 10:30 service for Sunday School. Children and youth will remain upstairs with Jeff and Michael for activities in the nave. We will all reconvene later in the nave for the Eucharist. This is a great opportunity for all adults to experience first-hand what happens in Sunday School. It’s also a chance for children and youth to explore and learn all about the different spaces in the church. Mark your calendars for this, and get ready for a fun experience before we head into Holy Week.
3. Four Questions of Faith: A Lenten Study
Our Lenten study continues with the question Who are we? this Sunday March 26. Facilitated by the Rev. Jeff Nowers the study takes place, following the 10:30 service, in the Willow Room downstairs from 12:00-1:30 pm. The final question in the series is What is the new creation? on April 2. A service of baptism will be held here at St. Aidan’s at Easter. A service of confirmation will take place at the Cathedral on May 7 at 4:30 pm for everyone in the Diocese.
4. Surprise birthday celebration
Parishioner Barbara Cooper will be turning 90 soon and her family is holding a surprise celebration next Sunday, March 26 from 2 to 5 pm downstairs in the large meeting room under the church. All are invited. RSVP to Linda Rockett (Barbara’s daughter) 416-690-3341.
5. Funeral details
The funeral of Eleanor Guest will take place at the Church of St. Aidan on Wednesday, March 29, at 11:00am. Visitation will happen before the funeral service, starting at 10:00am. A reception at the church will immediately follow the service, followed by interment at Mount Pleasant Cemetery at 2:30pm.
6. Call for Easter Eggs!
We will be hosting our annual egg hunt on Easter Sunday, April 9th. We are therefore in need of chocolate eggs for the hunt. Please bring any and all Easter eggs to church with you and leave them in the basket at the back of church. Thanks in advance!
7. Easter Flowers
For those wishing to donate towards the cost of the Easter flowers, forms are at the back of the church. As well, those who are not attending in person can access a similar form here: https://mcusercontent.com/9602008078ea1b1ac17a38d52/files/68c7686f-e274-7801-143e-6d3bd0a759ce/Easter_flowers_e_mail_form_2023.pdf
8. Guided virtual tour of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights on April 18
On Tuesday, April 18, we plan to host a virtual tour of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights on large screen in our church basement hall. This important museum, located on Indigenous ancestral lands in Winnipeg, is home to an impressive range of galleries and exhibits about human rights defenders and history – and you can visit them online by Zoom, all from the comfort of our church hall! In our interactive 90-minute tour, our guide will narrate our journey with powerful, inspiring stories, and engage us in conversation about human rights in Canada and around the world. Tea and treats will be served at 1:30pm, and the tour will begin at 2:00pm. To ensure we are adequately prepared, we ask that you RSVP by email by no later than Easter Monday, April 10 by email to email@example.com or call 416-691-2222. For more information about the museum and tours, go to: https://humanrights.ca/.
9. Altar Flowers for April and May
April 26th and May 7th are open for a flower dedication. If you are interested, the cost is $80 for the two vases. Please contact Hian-Lie Liem at 416-706-3775 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on Tuesday nights at 7pm for a fun and friendly evening of progressive Euchre downstairs in the main hall. Beginners welcome. $5.00 to play. All proceeds go to St. Aidan’s Church community outreach.
11. Food Bank Needs
Donations of non-perishable food items for the Grace Pascoe Care Centre food bank and the St. John’s Norway food pantry are always welcome. Please place them in the basket in the narthex. Note: empty egg cartons are needed once again. Your donations are delivered every week or two and are very well received. Thank you!
12. Offerings - Your regular offerings support the mission and ministry of St Aidan's, and we thank you. There are a variety of ways to make a donation:
- PAG – set up monthly pre-authorized debits from your bank account directly to St. Aidan’s by completing the authorization form found on the Giving page of our website https://www.staidansinthebeach.com/giving
- PAG Changes – to change the amount of an existing donation, send an email with the details to email@example.com
- E-transfer – send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheques should be payable to and can be mailed to: The Church of St. Aidan, 2423 Queen St E, Toronto, ON, M4E 1H6, or dropped in our secure mailbox at the north-east corner of the building.
- Credit card – click on the link Canada Helps: St. Aidan's Church