Beach Cares Fundraiser Concert, Friday April 28 7:30 pm
Join the Beaches community at St. Aidan’s Church for an evening of Folk Rock, Show tunes and Folk music in support of The Beach Cares and the Ukrainian-Syrian couple, Wesam and Olesia Ekthiar, whom we are sponsoring. The Boardwalk Cowboys, Grace Rockett and other Sheridan College Musical Theatre graduates, and St. Aidan’s Regrets will perform. There is no cost for the concert, but the event is to raise funds for the couple. Refreshments will be served!
Week of April 30 - NOTICES AT A GLANCE – more details below
1. Live Streaming at 10:30 am, Order of Service & Service details
2. The Rev. Jeff Nowers – Winter Break
3. Singing The Beach – May 13
4. Food Bank Needs
5. Altar Flowers – May 7
6. Cole Academy Garden Project
AND NOW THE DETAILS:
1. Live Streaming at 10:30 am, Order of Service & Service details For those who are not comfortable attending services in person, or are unable to attend, we are live streaming the above referenced services at the link below:
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/91628466455 Meeting ID: 916 2846 6455 Passcode: 548507 Phone: 647-374-4685
To access the order of service for the 10:30 service for the Easter season, click here: https://mcusercontent.com/9602008078ea1b1ac17a38d52/files/8ad53d4b-cbae-48f3-e6dd-046f5cc692b2/Easter_season_1030_bklt_2023.pdf
Service details (list of readings, hymn numbers & psalm) can be accessed here: https://mcusercontent.com/9602008078ea1b1ac17a38d52/files/263630bb-f45e-70e7-fbad-ad8ee733a5c8/Apr_30_Service_Details.pdf
2. The Rev. Jeff Nowers — Winter Break
Jeff is away this Sunday, April 30 on an overdue winter break. In the event of a pastoral emergency, please contact the Rev. Michael Van Dusen (416-570-0203) or the Rev. Marguerite Rea (647-524-8509).
3. SINGING THE BEACH Saturday, May 13th, 9:00am-12:00pm.
Join together for a morning of signing and community! SINGING THE BEACH is a new initiative by St. Aidan's Church. This community choir is open to individuals of all musical abilities. Families with children, singles, or couples are all welcome for this morning of music making. Light refreshments will be served. Register here: https://forms.gle/r59WSRzYGYe6akKo9
4. Food Bank Needs
Donations of non-perishable food items for the Grace Pascoe Care Centre food bank and the St. John’s Norway food pantry are always welcome. Grace Pascoe Care Centre has asked specifically for donations of the following items: peanut butter, canned fish, canned vegetables, pasta sauce, canned beans, cereal, granola bars, diapers (size 1-5), baby formula, and period products. Please place them in the basket in the narthex. Note: empty egg cartons are needed once again. Thank you!
5. Altar Flowers for May
May 7th is open for a flower dedication. If you are interested, the cost is $80 for the two vases. Please contact Hian-Lie Liem at 416-706-3775 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Cole Academy Garden Project
The teachers and students of The Cole Academy (TCA) are so pleased to announce that we have constructed two garden boxes at the south east corner of the church property. Students learned about "Lasagna Gardening," which involves layering cardboard, sticks, leaves, and soil, creating enough air and compostable material to provide ideal growing conditions. We have started some seedlings inside that will be transplanted to the gardens when the time is right. Soon we will have herbs, vegetables, and some pollinator flowers growing! Since most TCA students live in the area, we will monitor the gardens over the summer and we welcome church members and Church School children to participate in watering. The hope is to use these vegetables in our cooking program and/or offer them up to our local food bank at the Grace Pascoe Care Centre where fresh vegetables are often hard to come by. Again, as the food ripens over the summer, please feel free to use the veggies in church events while TCA is on summer break. Gardening is a wonderful way to bring our communities together and provide healthy, fresh food for us to share and enjoy!
7. Offerings - Your regular offerings support the mission and ministry of St Aidan's, and we thank you. There are a variety of ways to make a donation:
- PAG – set up monthly pre-authorized debits from your bank account directly to St. Aidan’s by completing the authorization form found on the Giving page of our website https://www.staidansinthebeach.com/giving
- PAG Changes – to change the amount of an existing donation, send an email with the details to email@example.com
- E-transfer – send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheques should be payable to and can be mailed to: The Church of St. Aidan, 2423 Queen St E, Toronto, ON, M4E 1H6, or dropped in our secure mailbox at the north-east corner of the building.
- Credit card – click on the link Canada Helps: St. Aidan's Church