SEPTEMBER 18th NOTICES AT A GLANCE – more details below
1. Live Streaming at 10:30am and Order of Service
2. Family Dinner and Social Night – Sept. 22
3. Season of Creation
4. Coffee Hour Resuming
5. Schools using space at St. Aidan’s
6. Holiday Craft Market – Dec. 3rd
7. Food Bank Needs
AND NOW THE DETAILS:
1. Live Streaming at 10:30am and Order of Service For those who are not comfortable attending services in person, or are unable to attend, we are live streaming today’s 10:30am Sunday services via Zoom at the link below: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/91628466455 Meeting ID: 916 2846 6455 Passcode: 548507 Phone: 647-374-4685 For the order of service for Season of Creation click here:
2. Family Dinner and Social Night We are kicking off this year's family dinner and social night on Thursday, 22 Sept from 5:45pm to 7:15pm. Let families outside the parish know! This event is open to all families in the community.
3. Season of Creation Sunday, September 18th is the first of four consecutive Sundays in the Season of Creation, with the theme of "ocean"; other Sundays include Sept. 25 (theme of "storm"), Oct. 2 (theme of "fauna"), Oct. 9 (theme of "cosmos"; also Harvest Thanksgiving). A blessing of animals is scheduled for the afternoon of October 2 - more details to come.
Notes and resources for Sunday’s homily by the Rev’d Michael Van Dusen and information re all candidates meeting are available here:
4. Coffee Hour Resuming Coffee Hour will resume on Sunday, Sept 18, immediately following the 10:30am service. We need volunteers to host it week to week. There is a sign-up sheet in the narthex. If you’d like to be involved in hosting coffee hour, please sign up for any week you’re available. There will be a short orientation session for new volunteers on Sept 18 and Sept 25, at 10:00am.
5. Schools using space at St. Aidan’s We are excited to welcome both Claremont School (located in our old Memorial Hall) and a new school, The Cole Academy, to St. Aidan’s this fall. Both schools will be renting space in our lower level during the week, and using the south-east door for access. Please avoid these areas of the building during the school day so that you do not disturb the children learning. Additionally, the schools will be using our circular driveway on Queen St for morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up. Please ensure that you are not blocking the driveway from 8-9 am and 3-4 pm, Monday-Friday.
6. Holiday Craft Market December 3rd, 2022 We are pleased to be able to resume our annual Holiday Market in time for Christmas. Vendors wanted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a table.
7. Food Bank Needs Donations of non-perishable food items for the Grace Pascoe Care Centre food bank and the St. John’s Norway food pantry are always welcome. Please place them in the basket in the narthex. Thank you!
8. Offerings - Your regular offerings support the mission and ministry of St Aidan's, and we thank you.
There are a variety of ways to make a donation: