REMINDER – CLOCKS GO BACK AN HOUR SATURDAY NIGHT
NOVEMBER 6th - NOTICES AT A GLANCE – more details below
1. Live Streaming at 10:30am and Order of Service
2. All Souls Evensong - Nov. 6
5. Kneeler Kits
6. Supper at St. Aidan's, Thursday, November 17
7. Holiday Craft Market – Dec. 3rd
8. Food Bank Needs
AND NOW THE DETAILS:
1. Live Streaming at 10:30 am and Order of Service For those who are not comfortable attending services in person, or are unable to attend, we are live streaming today’s 10:30am Sunday services via Zoom at the link below:
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/91628466455 Meeting ID: 916 2846 6455 Passcode: 548507 Phone: 647-374-4685
For the order of service for the Season after Pentecost click here: https://mcusercontent.com/9602008078ea1b1ac17a38d52/files/49ec5373-28a0-cbcd-034c-e424853b83f0/Pent_season_1030_bklt_rev_2022.pdf
2. 4. All Souls Evensong
All are invited to a join together for an evensong service celebrating the Feast of All Souls on the afternoon of Sunday, November 6th at 4:30 pm. A sheet on which to record names of loved ones you would like remembered at the service is at the back of the church. We hope to see you there!
Meditation is held in the church on Wednesday evenings from 7:30 to 8:15.This is a wonderful opportunity to join with others in cultivating the disciplines of stillness and silence. No experience necessary. All are welcome!
Join us on Tuesday nights, at 7pm for a fun and friendly evening of progressive Euchre downstairs in the main hall. Beginners welcome. $5.00 to play. All proceeds go to St. Aidan’s Church community outreach.
5. Kneeler Kits
Kneeler kits for the church have arrived - we are looking for donations/dedications and stitchers! As part of the building renewal project, we have undertaken to provide kneeler cushions for those who prefer to kneel for prayer. We have bought 20 different cross-stitch kits from a supplier in England. Completed kits will have a label on them with the name of the maker, and the donor, who can dedicate it if they wish. The kits cost about $120 each and you can choose the pattern you wish to donate/dedicate. We are also looking for about 6 more people to do the needle work. Instruction will be provided and we will set up a time for stitchers to meet together regularly to work on their canvas if they wish - likely on Sundays after the 10:30 service. If you are interested in donating/sponsoring or making a kit, or have a question, please send an email to the church office. To see an example of the kneelers click on this link: https://churchkneelers.com
6. Supper at St. Aidan's, Thursday, November 17, 5:45pm - 7:15pm
Join us every third Thursday of the month as our parish hosts our neighbours in the Beach for dinner and community building. RSVP at this link, at staidansinthebeach.com/events or by phone to the church office. We hope everyone in our parish will engage with newcomers at the dinner. We also need help with set up, food prep, clean up and more; to volunteer at one of our upcoming dinners, please sign up here.
7. Holiday Craft Market December 3rd
We are pleased to be able to resume our annual Holiday Market in time for Christmas, Saturday, December 3 from 10am to 3 pm. Invite your friends and neighbours!
8. Food Bank Needs
Donations of non-perishable food items for the Grace Pascoe Care Centre food bank and the St. John’s Norway food pantry are always welcome. Please place them in the basket in the narthex. Note: empty egg cartons are needed once again. Thank you!
9. Offerings - Your regular offerings support the mission and ministry of St Aidan's, and we thank you. There are a variety of ways to make a donation:
- PAG – set up monthly pre-authorized debits from your bank account directly to St. Aidan’s by completing the authorization form found on the Giving page of our website https://www.staidansinthebeach.com/giving
- PAG Changes – to change the amount of an existing donation, send an email with the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-transfer – send to email@example.com
- Envelopes to obtain a set of weekly offering envelopes, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheques should be payable to and can be mailed to: The Church of St. Aidan, 2423 Queen St E, Toronto, ON, M4E 1H6, or dropped in our secure mailbox at the north-east corner of the building.
- Credit card – click on the link Canada Helps: St. Aidan's Church