NOTICES AT A GLANCE - more details below
1. Live streaming on hold
2. Summer Service Times
3. Children’s Ministry - Summer Sunday School
4. Charmaine Loverin
6. Church Office summer hours
7. Summer Study Series
8. Altar Flowers for August
9. Food Bank Items Wanted
AND NOW THE DETAILS:
1. Live Streaming on hold We are taking a break from live-streaming during the summer due to limited volunteer availability and low virtual attendance. It will resume on August 28th and every week thereafter.
2. Summer Service Times Sunday Services are at 9:30 am throughout July, August and Sept 4. There are no Wednesday morning services during July and August.
3. Children’s Ministry: Summer Sunday School We are taking a break from Sunday school during the month of July. Children's programming will return Sunday, August 7, 14, and 21 at the 9:30 service. We hope to see you then!
4. Charmaine Loverin With sadness we announce the death from ALS of Charmaine Loverin. Charmaine and her children Emmaskye and Ralston were members of St Aidan's when they lived in the Beach, and even after they moved away Charmaine stayed connected. She was the founder of Loverin's Law, a move to mandate teaching children about sexual abuse. She also published a book chronicling her own experiences of abuse, and her diagnosis with ALS. A celebration of her life will take place at St Aidan's on Saturday July 30th at 2 pm.
5. Vacation Jeff Nowers is away on vacation until July 31. In a pastoral emergency, please contact the Rev. Michael Van Dusen.
6. Church Office Summer Hours Please note that the Church Office is open from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm Tuesday to Thursday during June, July and August. Please have notices in to the Church Office by Wednesday noon. Please note: The Parish Administrator will be away on holiday July 27 to August 2 during which time the Church Office will be closed.
7. Summer Study Series This summer we will be studying Debra Rienstra’s book Refugia Faith on Thursdays at 7:00pm: August 11, 18, 25 and September 1. As in previous years, we’ll be gathering in different backyards for discussion (locations to be announced). In her book and on her podcast, Rienstra develops the concept of refugia—the capacity of nature to develop places of protection and resilience in the face of catastrophe and crisis. She applies this to the life of the church in the 21st century. Please join us as we consider how St. Aidan’s can become a community of refugia faith. For more information, contact Michael Van Dusen or John Brewin.
8. Altar Flowers for August There are multiple spots open for a flower dedication in August. If you are interested, the cost is $80 for the two vases. Please contact Hian-Lie Liem.
9. Food Bank Items Wanted Donations of non-perishable food items for the Grace Pascoe Care Centre food bank and the St. John’s Norway food pantry are always welcome. Please place them in the basket in the narthex. Thank you!
10. Offerings – Thank you for your support of the mission and ministry of St. Aidan’s.
There are a variety of ways to make your donation: